Sunday, December 14, 2008

Punta Conejo

The set waves are overhead but straight into shore for a pounding. We'll hike the beaches later for any kind of sandbar that could shape the waves into a ride-able form or wait and hope for the afternoon offshore wind to fix them. I tried firing some fishing gear past the swell but it's too far out to get into the fishing zone. Looks like no yaking or surfing today but there's miles of beach to comb and lots of cool shells. I managed to find a bunch more cool fishing net floats and a dead dolphin. It's a whole body skeleton with the meat gone but skin attached. I'm gunna go back to it later with my saw and remove the skull. If anybody tries to stop me I'll give them some kind of marine biologist bullshit. I wonder if I can sneak that home anyway... Garen's buddy Chris finally showed today. They had more trailer trouble and during the repair it fell from the jacks and caused more. Straightened axle, new (used) springs/shocks with welding for only $35 bucks. Rides great now except for the body damage caused during the fall. No surfing but did manage to cut the head off that dolphin. Had to leave the top half though because the gray matter was still in there and it STUNK. The lower jaw is clean though and it's cool and in my truck. Here's the before shot:

No comments: