Up at dawn, pot of coffee and paddle out under a beautiful sunrise. Instant fish on and continued to troll and cast just outside surf line for all the shortfin corvina, kelp bass and spotted bay bass you could want. I kept a few of the larger ones to stock the fridge. We eat fish for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I did buy some oatmeal and bananas though for a change at breakfast. On the way in from fishing I stepped on something squishy and watched a 20"+ halibut swim away. That's now the second time that's happened. Lucky they're not sting rays or I'd be hurting. Supposedly the sting is like a rattlesnake and scorpion combined but only lasts 8hrs and doesn't kill you though you wish it would. After breakfast I grabbed the spreargun, mask and snorkel to take a look for an unsuspecting halibut. Just like at Alejandro's, they could see me coming before I could see them and I could not get a shot
off in time. Also shot at some corvina but they move way too fast. Surfed knee to waist high waves for those really long waves until the sun went down. I love paddling without a wetsuit.
Had dinner at the restaurant and in walks a friend of Garen's from Santa Cru. At the going away party he told me he'd be down here but no specific place. What a trip to meet up... We drank shots of Tequila and Ballenas (big 1 liter beers) until they kicked us out. Then back to camp for a super lat night bonfire. Here's a sunset pic.
No comments:
Post a Comment