Sunday, December 7, 2008
Up Shit Creek...
Now the norm I awake at dawn and go to bed around 8pm. First thing is a pot of coffee and then prep kayak for fishing. Today however I discovered my paddle did not make this leg of the trip. I can only guess that I was relieved of it when I left it on the beach overnight in Bahia de Los Angeles. Alex also is missing his net. Luckily the waves were still firing so I surfed instead. Waist to chest high again with super long rides. After my am surf I worked down a very long (5 miles) beach casting for any fish to bite. Along the way I pulled on every piece of rope sticking out of the sand. I found a bunch of really cool fishing float that I'll add to my collection on my backyard fence (pic here). I also used the long walk to blow off the steam of missing my paddle and being on a mostly fishing trip without a freaking paddle... The locals told me it might be possible to find one in Guerro Negro. We need to go there anyway for our tourist cards. Did some spearfishing but could not get any hits. I stalked many fish in my mask and snorkel but could not get any hits. A guy earlier in the day got a 30" Halibut. That's a nice fish...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment