Friday, December 19, 2008

Hamburgesa con queso from HELL

All night stomach ache w/dry heaves from that damn lunch at Crossroads. I knew I should not have trusted a burger at a place in the middle of nowhere. But the local dude said they used frozen Costco burgers so I didn't worry. Can't tell you how the story ends due to the graphic nature but you can guess... Over coffee we decided that instead of rushing to Cabo San Jose to get the 4x4 fixed we'd go to Punta Gorda aka Shipwrecks (famous surf spot in summer) to spend a night or two. We'd just stay on the hard pack dirt/sand and not get into the soft stuff. I said goodbye to Erwin and gave him all the Wasabi I had (he was jonesing). We arrived just past shipwrecks and found a good spot to free camp. Garen and I launched our yaks. He got a skippy and I got nada. Met Danny from a house (many million$ mansion) down the beach who caught a Dorado that morning about 2 miles out a a few miles up the beach. Spent the rest of the day in the usual way; beach combed, practiced bunker golf shots, drank beer, read and snorkeled. At night packed gear for another extra early paddle out. Gotta get that Dodo... Also rigged all my rods with squid skirts (green over pink which are nicknamed "pink panties").

No comments: