Got up at 6 for a hot shower but found the water and power both OFF. What a rip... I got on the road right away. When I arrived at the San Quintin exit it was too muddy from a recent rain for me to drive it. I could still reach Tijuana by dark so I decided to press on. Maybe I should have stopped in Mulege and returned the paddle... I have "extended" the rental until maybe this summer when I can get back down there. I'll get in touch with Ed and figure it out.
Reached Tijuana around noon but got lost all over hell trying to find the lanes to cross. There were so many people leaving that the normal feeder roads were closed. Once I figured it out it was another 2hrs to get to the customs dude. He didn't like that I was down for over a month and gave me Secondary. This is where they search you for contraband. The Mexicans didn't like my looks either. Of the 7 military checkpoints from Cabo to TJ I was searched at 4 of them. The US search was pretty quick and they talked about confiscating my bones but then must have forgotten. Lucky me. Continued on to West Hollywood to stay with my Bro and finish my trip tomorrow.
Friday, January 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment